The Website Coordinator, who reports to Director, Website & Presentations, is a member of the web team ensuring the Met’s online content is correct at all times, and the site is up and functioning properly. Responsibilities include managing all the new content and updates of existing content including text, graphics, audio and video for the site, as well as the tracking and analytics for all such content. This person works closely with the Marketing Department, Communications, Media and other colleagues in the Artistic and Development areas.
This person must have Photoshop, Google Analytics skills and interest in the performing arts.
- Work with Senior Website Manager and cross-functional, multi-project team resources to develop website to meet organizational objectives and to ensure successful solutions are delivered on schedule according to defined scope, timeline and cost parameters.
- Analyze usage and traffic trends using Google Analytics and make recommendations from that information.
- Proactively schedule and obtain assets (text, photos, video, audio, etc) from Marketing, Editorial and other departments to assemble original or repurposed content in correct formats, obtain approvals and post on site either through a content management tools and/or outside website development company.
- Manage website’s homepage: create schedule, create graphics in Photoshop, set up the schedule in the CMS, and manage tracking and analytics for the homepage. Distribute daily schedule of homepage content, and send out updates on analytics.
- Instruct and assist Met staff in the use of content management and analytics tools to create, modify, update, and track website content and digital campaigns.
- Work with IS&T, Customer Care and Tessitura Application Support to continuously test and monitor the smooth working of all aspects of the website.
- Create and distribute regular reports of website analytics.
- Responsible for maintaining SEO, HTML and XML site maps and metadata.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with Google Analytics and SEO
- Interest in the performing arts is a must
- Strong website content management experience
- Excellent project management skills; able to prioritize multiple projects
- Superb attention to detail and strong time management skills
- Exceptional organizational abilities and good written and oral communication skills
- Solid experience with CMS, HTML, Photoshop, rich media
- Flexible schedule to accommodate occasional remote monitoring of site and content management during non-business hours
To apply please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with "Website Coordinator" in the subject line.
E-Mail (Preferred): firstname.lastname@example.org