- Production Manager, Marketing
Production Manager, Marketing
Department: Marketing & Communications
The Production Manager, who reports to the Design Director, coordinates Met Opera Studio resources and project budgets to ensure timely creation of deliverables that reflect and support the mission and style of the Metropolitan Opera while advancing its business and fundraising objectives. The Production Manager will ensure team adherence to process, schedule and budget, working in concert with all department stakeholders. This position will be responsible for a mixture of both print and digitally delivered content. The Production Manager works with other departments and the Design Director to create a process that responds to both the evolving needs of the company and ensures that materials are seen and proofread by the necessary parties. This position works closely with the Design Director in ensuring that needed assets are created to the highest standard in a timely manner. Responsibilities include oversight of the production and trafficking of in-house publications and collateral and finding dynamic ways to take into account the timely needs of the company and the length of time needed to create the work.
- Resource management — Coordinate all aspects of production from planning to file delivery, in concert with all departments and stakeholders, ensuring adherence to process, schedule and budget
- Scheduling — Create, revise, and maintain production schedules and detailed project status for content delivery into both print and digital products
- Operations — Maintain and develop Wrike project management tool to track and manage large volumes of projects
- Production — Estimate production costs of incoming jobs versus budgets to ensure that design solutions are created within the given parameters. Assess if mechanicals are compliant with agreed printing scope/budget
- Purchasing — Order and purchase collateral materials, working closely with vendors to maximize budgets and ensure timely delivery
- Budget — Monitor and adhere to project budgets. Communicate all scope changes thoroughly prior to production.
- Resolve queries throughout the production process, in consultation with the Design Director
- Manage the QC and pre-flighting of files to ensure compliance with file naming protocols, folder structures, printer specs, font standards, and stylesheets
- Traffic files and deliverables between departments and outside vendors using a project management system
- Maintain good relationships and clear communication with co-workers and vendors
- Liaise with outside partners (ABT, Met Opera Guild) on their needs
The education and/or experience requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required to successfully perform the essential duties of this position. The physical demands and work environment characteristics described below are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- BA degree and 2 years + experience in a Development office.
- Enthusiastic, detail-oriented and self-motivated.
- Excellent phone demeanor, written/verbal communication and computer skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite; knowledge of Tessitura preferred.
- Willingness to attend occasional weekend or evening events
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
- 5+ years of project management in the creative services/design area, with progressive leadership positions
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, balancing the needs of multiple concurrent projects under tight deadlines
- Thorough understanding of and experience with content development, print production principles, and content reuse across print and digital channels
- Proven ability to diplomatically implement workflow standards and achieve buy-in from all stakeholders
- Creative, dynamic and extremely organized with superior relationship management skills
- Excellent track record of managing work and coordinating contractual agreements with vendors, such as printers, mailing houses, programmers etc.
- Familiarity with Wrike is a plus
- Must enjoy the creative and organizational/administrative aspects of project management.
- Interest in the arts
- Handles stress well and with a sense of humor
- Available at peak times on nights and weekends
- Adept communicator
- Flexible in approach to systems and processes to account for both the changing media landscape as well as the importance of design thinking